Saturday, September 5, 2009

English Democrats (Thanks Justin)

The "Democrat" party in England has greatly impressed me. Two aims of this party are to fight political correctness and increase country pride. Here is a link to an article where a mayor who belongs to this party cut public funding for a gay pride day in Doncaster, England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/south_yorkshire/8086919.stm

This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. It's little things like this that give me hope in our world. Someone willing to stand up for what is right when it seems the whole universe is against you (especially in Europe). My hero of the week:

1 comment:

  1. Look I wrote a comment on your corner! I don't really know what you're really saying (I don't really understand history and politics and stuff like that) but I'll try to get on here and write to you more! This is crazy how you know all this stuff haha!

    /Mandy

    ReplyDelete